Papercut NG to Papercut MF migration
Posted by Matthew Ryan, Last modified by Matthew Ryan on 02 October 2014 04:05 PM
Provide your sites current licence file.
Paytec will process the license and provide replacement Papercut MF licence.
Download Papercut NG
Download Papercut MF
1) Upgrade to latest version of PC-NG on server
2) Backup Server from PC-NG admin console | Options Tab | Backup Tab | Export Now button. Rename backup to export.zip (avoids typo's in later steps) and copy it to the root of C drive E.G C:\export.zip
3) Take a copy of the complete NG folder structure in the event we need to refer to any configuration files later then Unistall Papercut NG from ADD / REMOVE Programs
4) Install PCMF on server with new version (just do a basic next, next, next install)
Restore backup on server
1) Stop Papercut services on server
2) From the command prompt .\Papercut mf\server\bin\win perform the following commands
3) db-tools init-db -f
4) db-tools import-db -f "C:\export.zip"
5) Restart Papercut services
6) Logon to admin console.
Other considerations are to enable and display the DEVICE tab. From PC-MF admin console | Options Tab | Advanced Tab | External Hardware Integration menu | Tick the check box labelled "Enable external hardware integration (for supported devices only)"