Paymatic - Creating user cards (SLE 5542 chip card)
Posted by Matthew Ryan, Last modified by Matthew Ryan on 21 February 2012 03:49 PM
Creating user cards (SLE 5542 chip card)
- Included with the manual is a card called ADMINISTRATOR.
- Use the ADMINISTRATOR card to access main firmware menu. Insert the card into the card reader located below the display. Insert the card, chip first, and facing the display. This will automatically enter the firmware menu.
- Note the arrow keys located on the numeric keypad (2,4,6,8). Use these to move in and out of menus. The STOP button will exit firmware menu. The CORR key is delete. The (.)DOT a/A key is used to toggle keypad input between lowercase (abc), uppercase (ABC) and numeric (123) when in an appropriate menu. You will see (abc) on the top left of the display when case selection is possible.
- Arrow down (8 key) to CARD/ID, press OK
- CARD PURSES should be highlighted, press the right arrow (6 key)
- Arrow down (8 key) to CREATE CARD, press OK
- At the Insert Empty Card prompt, Insert a blank card into the card reader located below the display. Insert the card, chip first, and facing the display.
- Cardid=leave as default value, press OK
- At Purses use the CORR key to toggle on/off the desired purses for the card. E.G. Personal Purse is a balance for example with student use. Unlimited Budget is unlimited credit for example with staff use.
- Pincode = Leave blank, press OK
- Pin Required = YES if on first use the user will eneter thier own PIN or NO if pins aren't required., press OK
- GROUP = 0, press OK (Cards can be placed into groups. Cash is Group 0. Groups are used to enable/disable services. E.g. GROUP 1 cards may be barred from printing)
- Allow Tag Use = YES
N.B. When creating cards on a paymatic other than the Paymatic the cards are intended for you MUST ensure the PROJECT ID's are the same on the card programming Paymatic and the customers Paymatic.